Saturday, September 22, 2012

Winter cabins

 I have winterized my cottages! The snow is puffy fabric paint, and I made the icicles with hot glue. (I didn't come up with that idea on my own; I found it on u-tube). For the heart window cottage I made the glue icicles on parchment paper, as suggested online. It worked, but it was difficult to get the glue off, and they came out opaque. So I went to Michael's and and bought a hot glue work mat, that you use to protect your table. I glued the icicles on that; they peeled right off, and were clear, as you see on the round keep! What I did was glue a line about 9" long, then glued icicles pulling down from it. When it cooled, I trimmed it a bit with tiny scissors. I really like how it came out. I made the blue snowflakes you see below with polymer clay and press-out cookie cutters that I actually purchased originally to use with rolled fondant for cakes. After I baked them, I painted them with Mod Podge and sprinkled them with glitter that I custom mixed to match the light blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment